Dr.-Ing. Ralph Seitz
has been an expert in Innovation and Technology Management & Foresight for more than a decade
Since 2013 Consulting Engineer for Innovation and Technology Management: Consulting and research projects, trainings for methods of innovation and technology management, conception & execution of expert workshops
Since 2017: Lecturer for Innovation Management at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University
2016-2017: Senior Researcher at the German Academy of Sciences and Engineering (acatech): Project coordinator for the “National Competence Monitoring” (see references below)
2008-2013: Senior Researcher at the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research: Deputy Head of Department, Head of two business units, Project Manager of national and international projects (see references below)
2004-2008: Consultant Engineer for Coorporate Real Estate Management & Facility Management
1999-2004: Researcher at the Universities of Leipzig and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology: Lectureships, research projects, consulting projects
1991-1999: Civil Engineering studies at the University of Stuttgart
Compet – Experienced – International
Ralph Seitz worked for five years at the Competence Center Foresight of the Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research. As deputy head, he was responsible for the strategic development of the Competence Center. He led the business units “Strategies for Material and Materials Technologies” and “Management of Innovations and Technologies” and was project leader of many national and international research and consulting projects.
Since 2013 he works as an independent consultant for innovation management & foresight. In 2016-2017 he worked as a research assistant at the German Academy of Sciences and Engineering (acatech). Since 2017 he is lecturer for Innovation Management at the Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW).
In his consulting work, Seitz draws on experience from numerous national and international projects for companies, associations and research ministries. He has already applied his extensive knowledge in many workshops and lectures – not only in Germany, but also in France, England, Vietnam and Thailand.
He masters the variety of methods for innovation and technology management & foresight and knows how to combine and apply them successfully depending on the application. Over the years, he has worked on many future topics and technologies and developed numerous future strategies for companies and ministries.
While working in outstanding institutions and numerous projects, he has many personal connections to many national and international knowledge providers in innovation and technology management. Depending on the task, specific specialists can be consulted on individual questions or be included in order to achieve the best possible result.
Consulting projects for companies are not listed while the are always confidential. Due to confidentiality consulting projects for companies are listed.
- Projects for Fraugal Innovation
- Projects for Smart Services
- National Competence Monitoring (BMBF): Development of a technology and competence monitoring system 2016-2017
- Strategic consulting for the Ministryof Scienceand Technology MOST, Vietnam: Development of a Framewok for the future management of the research activities of the MOST. 2013
- “BMBF Foresight Process I and II” for the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). 2008-2013
“Technology and Market Watch“, International Electrotechnical Commission: Nanotechnology in the Sector of Solar Energy and Energy Storage. (ICE). 2011-2013
- “Integration and Transfer Project” on the research focus “r² Innovative Technologies for Resource Efficiency – Resource-intensive Production Processes” of the BMBF (FONA); 2009-2013
- “Energy storage monitoring for electromobility” (EMOTOR)
- “MolecularSorting” Fraunhofer Future Topics – Markets of Tomorrow (FhG). 2011-2013
- “SIRA – Security in Public Space” BMBF Research for Civil Security (BMBF). 2010-2013
- EnArgus: Central Information System Energy Research Funding (BMBF) 2011-2013
- “SimSecur – Simulation Platform for a Virtual Security Portal in Critical Infrastructure” (FhG)
“IT-Trends and New Technologies” (IT Amt Bundeswehr). 2008-2009
- Commissioned: DNW German-Dutch Wind Tunnels. “Wind tunnel technology roadmap and analysis of the innovation within the field”. 2009-2010
- “Online Delphi Materials Science and Engineering” (MatWerk). 2008
- IHK (ed.): “WAVE! For innovation surfers “. IHK Magazine 2014
- Ostertag, Seitz, Woidasky (ed.): CIT special issue “Resource efficiency potential of innovations in raw material-related production processes“. Wiley-Vch, 2012
- Seitz in cooperation with Ostertag et al .: Results of the r² accompanying research: Potentials of innovations in resource-intensive production processes. In: Woidasky, J .; Easter Day, K .; Stier, C. (ed.): Innovative technologies for resource efficiency in resource-intensive production processes: results of the funding measure r². Stuttgart: Fraunhofer publishing house, 2013.
- Doenitz, Seitz, Woidasky: “Molecular Sorting – Scenarios for the World of Tomorrow“. Fraunhofer publishing house, 2013
- Fraunhofer (ed.): Ostertag, Seitz, Woidasky et al: “Molecular Sorting – Methods for the Circular Economy of the Next Generation“, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft 2012
- Seitz, Moller, Thielmann, et al .: “Nanotechnology in the sectors of solar energy and energy storage“. IEC, 2014
- Bierwisch, Grandt, Seitz: “The Challenges of Multi-Criteria Assessment of Technological Innovations in the Field of Aviation Safety, Taking Non-technical Dimensions into Account”. Fraunhofer Verlag, 2013
- Bierwisch, A .; Seitz, R .; Grandt, S .: The Innovation System of Security – A New Quality in the Relationship between Political, Economic and Social Actors. In: Koschatzky, K. (Coordination): Innovation System Revisited – Experiences from 40 Years of Fraunhofer ISI Research. Stuttgart: Fraunhofer publishing house, 2012, P. 129-152.
- Bierwisch, A, Grandt, S, Teufel, B, Seitz, R: Public Safety – SIRA – Final Report, Fraunhofer, 2014
- Grandt, S. / Bierwisch, A. / Seitz, R. (2012): The Challenges of Multi-Criteria Assessment of Technological Innovations in the Field of Air Safety Considering Non-technical Dimensions. In: Bonß, W. / Wagner, K. (ed.): Risk-based or “One Size Fits All”? The future of airport security. Proceeding 3 of the SIRA Conference Series. Munich: UniBw – online publication of the University of the Bundeswehr.
- Never Stop Creating: Smart Services & Frugal Innovation – Key Note Speech DHBW, Heidenheim, 2018
- Innovations and digital future for SMEs (visions for morning-makers). Theme Week on the Digital Future and Innovation for SMEs, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Stuttgart 2018
- Future Key Enabling Technologies and their impact on furtur Competences. Interdisciplinary Euroepan Conference on Entrepreneurship Research 2018, Management Center Innsbruck
- Innovation and Technology Management Management & Foresight – Key Note Speech Faurecia Expert Congress, Nantes
- Shaping the Future by Innovation and Technology Management Ministry of Science and Technology, Hanoi
- Innovation and Strategy Building – State Agency for Technology and Innovation, Hanoi
- Fit for Future? – automotive supplier, Munich
- Monitoring innovative technologies for resource efficiency – Resource Efficiency Congress, Nuremberg
- Product-Market Roadmapping automotive supplier, NRW
- MolecularSorting – Scenarios for the World of Tomorrow – Fraunhofer Headquarters, Karlsruhe
- With creativity on the wave of success – IHK Ludwigshafen and HK Bremen
- Nightmare Innovation – Fit For Future? IHK Ostwürttemberg, Heidenheim
- Roadmapping for innovative surveillence technologies- Fraunhofer, Karlsruhe
- Start Up strategies – Lauenförde